Ian Billick, PhD
Executive Director of the Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory in Crested Butte and Gothic
Dr. Billick first started attending the Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory in 1988 as a student. He conducted his graduate work on ants in Virginia Basin, above Gothic, eventually receiving his PhD from the University of California, San Diego in 1997. He held positions at the University of Houston and Truman State University before becoming the Executive Director of the RMBL in 2000. He lives in Crested Butte South with his wife, Dr. Jennifer Reithel, and his two sons, Cormac and Giles. He mountain bikes and loves skiing with his sons. He is quite interested in the interface between science and policy.
The Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory was founded in 1928, to provide a living laboratory for field and research scientists in the abandoned mining town of Gothic. Since that date, thousands of students and scientists have studied and documented the ecosystems around Gothic, in the process making RMBL an internationally renowned center for scientific research and education.
5:30 – 6:30 PM, One hour cocktail & hor d’oeuvres reception:
- Vegetable Spring Roll with White Soy Avocado Puree
- Slow Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta
- Salad of Mixed Greens, Macerated Strawberries, French Feta, Roasted Almonds, White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Assorted Rolls and Butter
Buffet & Carving Station:
- Roasted Turkey Breast, Whole Grain Mustard, Mayonnaise & Cranberry Aioli
- Ancho Rubbed Skirt Steak, Salsa Verde & Cilantro Lime Aioli
- Crème Fraiche Whipped Potatoes
- French Beans with Slow Roasted Tomatoes
- Coffee and Tea Service